November 3, 2010

pain and panic, reporting for duty

this might seem like news to some of you, but i've never actually cut myself on a knife. i know, lucky right? well that was until today... i cut myself twice within 30 minutes of each other. lamesauce. who knew ikea knives were so sharp?! the only thing that stopped me from falling over (i sometimes faint when i see my own blood - mainly when it is in pools) was the fact that i quickly ran to the sink and put my fingers under cold running water, that washed away the blood as it came to the surface. i must stay i handled it quite well!
best characters ever created by disney, not so much welcome in my life.
anyways, it all started when i was making hummous for my epic sandwich. i put a garlic clove through the garlic press and went to scrape it off with a knife. my pinky finger somehow got in the way. now, i tried re-enacting this, i have no clue how i ended up cutting my pinky finger. really, if anything i should've cut my index finger... oh well. this one is right on the knuckle, and pretty deep so it's gonna be angry for a while.

the next epic injury happened only 20 minutes after my first. i had just finished mushing up the avocado, and began to put it into a ziploc bag. that's when i decided it would be a good idea to take out the seed. the way i've always done it (and never gotten hurt) is by hitting the seed with your knife and twisting. well, i guess this time the knife didn't get deep enough, so when i went to turn it, the knife slipped and scrapped all the way up the side of my middle finger. i basically hacked a bunch of skin off all the way up my finger. wanna see the chunk of skin? click here. this one required 3 super big band-aids. eeeeeeeek.
 
my ouchies   : (
anyways, moral of the story: i'm a very clumsy person and ikea knives are sharp. be careful and always have a good stock of band-aids and polysporin (love the kind that has the numbing stuff) in the house.

4 comments:

  1. HOLY SHIT I can't believe I just clicked the link to the picture. :(((((((( I hope it feels better sooooon

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to diminish your sympathy, but the picture makes the chunk of skin look way bigger than it actually was. Hooray for band-aids and polysporin though - hopefully you will be able to use your hand again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i know eh? that's my macro-ing skills for ya. i should've put a penny beside it. although, that was just the skin that was attached to me that i pulled off, there's defs another chunk somehwere in the kitchen... nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much pain for just a sandwich. Please be careful. If I were there I'd kiss it better.

    ReplyDelete